Policy tasks & supervision
The frameworks for the policy-based tasks and supervising authority in the field of telecommunications are legally incorporated in the National Ordinance on telecommunications provisions, (Official Gazette 2011, no. 37).
The policy-based tasks within the sector-related telecommunications sphere of activity comprise:
- The development of policy frameworks regarding telecommunications
- The implementation and execution of policy frameworks regarding telecommunications as laid down by the minister
- The preparation of the national law and regulations regarding telecommunications
- The performance of work activities in the field telecommunications by or pursuant to National Ordinance
- To promote the interests of Curaçao in the field of telecommunications at Kingdom-, regional- and international level, such pursuant to the instruction of the Cabinet
- To render advice to the minister, and if so requested to the members of the Cabinet, regarding the points referred to hereinabove
- To render advice or else perform services if so requested for the benefit of government services and third parties regarding telecommunications affairs
- To perform other work activities as ordered by the minister
- To perform other work activities as ordered by or pursuant to National Ordinance
The preconditions provided by law as laid down in the National Ordinance on telecommunications provisions, Official Gazette, 2011, no. 37), for the supervision by BT&P on the telecommunications sector, among other things, define the outline of the following:
- The preconditions for building, maintaining and commercializing a telecommunications infrastructure and radio system
- The technical requirements of the telecommunications peripheral equipment and infrastructure
- The fees owed for building, maintaining and commercializing a telecommunications infrastructure and radio system
Read more about this in the National Ordinance on telecommunications provisions, (Official Gazette 2011, no. 37).
Read more about the Operational key tasks of BT&P.